Thursday, February 14, 2019

Blog Comments Quality Manual Work for you

On one of the blogs in my network (relationship niche blog), I was receiving a great number of comments on a few posts, and those posts were ranking at the top of Google Search.

Later, I decided to shift from the WordPress comment system to the Google Plus comment system in an effort to obtain more social votes and traffic.

I was unsure how existing traffic would be affected if I were to remove the existing comments (which I did by disabling WordPress comments).

After replacing the WordPress comment system (November 22) with the Google Plus comment system, my traffic dropped by 40% in the next 2 days.

Note that the culprit here was not the Google Plus commenting system but my mistake of removing the existing comments from the blog post.

After 9 days, I reverted back to the original WordPress comment system (December 2) and my traffic started getting back to normal.

You can do a similar case-study on your blog and share your experience and results with me in the comments section of this post!!

One thing which this case-study made clear was the fact that comments definitely affect the ranking of your blog posts.

Having relevant comments on your posts will help you get more organic traffic, and these quality comments will attract more good comments.

Similarly, if you have an old blog with irrelevant and baseless comments, removing them can be helpful.Blog Comments Quality Manual Work To Boost your SEO Traffic

No comments:

Post a Comment